It’s been awhile since I posted any projects on here, but here I am! I finally took a minute out and took pictures of everything I’ve managed to create in the last few weeks!
Today I am going back to the goods I have been working on for my daughter’s birthday party coming up in August. Because I am anal and like everything to follow the theme, I created her birthday hat to match everything else I have made. If you recall from my previous posts showing off the goods for her party, the theme is cherries, inspired by some party goods I bought at Micheal’s, since I have a major thing for cherries when it comes to my little girls!
This was so simple to make. For her party last year, because I wanted to make a matching hat, I bought a package of party hats from the dollar store, and undid them to give myself a template. The handy part of this is that when you take it apart, you are left with the elastic to hold the hat on to your little one’s head! Anyway, I laid the flattened hat out on an 8.5 x 11″ sheet of cardstock, traced it, and cut it out with my craft knife. The hat then just rolls up and fits together, no need even for adhesive!
I found a ribbon scrap that was the perfect colour, which I threaded along one edge loosely, then pulled to create the ruffle that fit along the bottom edge. The rhinestone cherry is adhesive, so that was easy peasy! I tied the ribbons at the top into a bunch, which I adhered to the inside of the hat before I rolled it up. Making this hat is really very simple, but looks so much more impressive than anything that’s available at any party store!
I’ll be back in the next few days, even if a bit sparadic, to continue sharing a few more projects… I am slowly getting back into a routine and catching up! I am also trying a new location with different lighting, trying to improve my photo quality even slightly. I am not pro enough to have a light tent, so I am working with what I have to come up with something acceptable!